One88, the first Bellevue condominium tower construction in almost a decade, has opened their sales gallery and a model unit vignette for preview. To be built at 188 Bellevue Way NE, One88’s 143 residences will strive for high-end, luxury living within easy walking distance of work, businesses, and urban life. There is definitely interest in this building: 1,300 prospective buyers and brokers attended the open house on January 20th.
Bosa, the project’s developer, brought to fruition the high-amenity, 698-unit Insignia mixed-use building, which was also the first condo development for downtown Seattle in 5 years. Bosa is working with Amanat Architect, an international firm also located out of Canada, on One88. The building exterior was created to simulate the multi-facets of a quartz crystal, which is mined in our region. At the moment, the building’s view is unhampered in all directions, including overlooking Lake Washington and Downtown Park to the west. Some units also feature balconies, in which the building’s architectural shape acts as a wind break and makes it possible to use the balcony year-round, through a retractable window.
The interior design firm of Hirsch Bedner Associates (HBA) from California has won awards for hotel design and was selected for this building. Interiors will be mostly muted brown, tan, and gray throughout, with an ultra modern feel, and slate-like surfaces.
Some of the amenities at One88:
- 24-hour concierge that will hold your delivered packages and arrange a wide array of personal services for tenants
- revolving artwork displays in lobby
- wi-fi throughout the amenities areas
- saline swimming pool/spa, plus sauna and steam room
- full workout center with virtual fitness/yoga area and locker room
- two lounges and work areas
- private dining room with chef-level appliances
- two outdoor terraces with grass, grilling islands, and seating
- a cheerful children’s play area
- pets allowed
Currently, a 1-bedroom (752-810 sf) starts in the low $800,000s + HOA dues. Three-bedrooms (1,688-2,948 sf) range from $2.2 million to $2.4 million and above (for a penthouse), plus dues. Private sales are going on right now, and public sales begin March 10th.